Trash to Treasure will be held on
Saturday, April 27th, 2013
from 9am to 3pm
Drop off of reusable items begins
Friday, April 26th from 4-8pm
7535 N Chicago Ave
Trash to Treasure
- Is an annual free neighborhood share, recycle, reuse, clean-up event.
- Offers education on waste reduction, green practices, footprint reduction, and beyond curbside recycling at the event and throughout the year.
- Sparks fun, creativity and imagination while demonstrating the benefits of thoughtful consumption, mindfulness, abundance, and reinterpreting wealth and waste.
- Encourages opportunities to experience, participate, volunteer and create friendships.
- Spurs stewardship, alchemy, skill sharing, exchanging goods, resource sharing, intentional relationships with our stuff.
- Is an integrated grass roots approach to connect neighbors of various socioeconomic backgrounds, produce sustainability in action, and provide a duplicatable model.
The largest community sharing event in Portland, occurs annually in April. During this daylong event over 5,000 items are exchanged between families at no cost, thousands of items are recycled and local non-profits assist in reuse and recycling education. This event is open to the public, free of charge, and 100% volunteer run.
Trash to Treasure is coordinated by the non-profit Swapnplay Community Sharing Inc. as part of our mission to reduce the carbon footprint of N Portland and strengthen ourcommunity.
How does SWAPPING work?
Bring what you don't need, take what you do!
Learn the details of how Trash 2 Treasure works here.
There are three easy ways to signup for a volunteer shift: email,
call our Volunteer Coordination Team at (971) 258-0247 or head over to our signupgenius page and pick your shift!
Want to help support this incredible community event? Make a donation here: